Self funded internships
Semper Avanti invites all students who would like to pursue a career as “Cooks, Cook’s Aid, Mechanics, and Construction workers” to undertake an internship experience in Wroclaw/Poland. Interested candidates are advised to send an email to email@example.com with their Europass CVs and motivation letters. We invite you to Wroclaw Poland to develop both technical and soft skills. Upon completing the internship experience interns are expected to gain following technical competences;
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cooking food in various utensils or grillers
- Checking food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensuring great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keeping a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensuring all food and other items are stored properly
- Checking quality of ingredients
- Monitoring stock and placing orders when there are shortages
- Loading, operating and unloading dishwashing machines and hand washing food preparation and serving equipment, utensils, pots, pans, etc.;
- Delivering, storing, and cleaning dishes and utensils to proper storage area; Cleaning kitchen area, tables, cabinets, equipment, etc.;
- Disposing of trash and garbage;
- Bringing food deliveries to storage area(s);
- Assisting in loading food trays on carts or trucks for delivery;
- Maintaining and cleaning storage area and assisting cook in maintaining inventory control sheet;
- Assisting cook(s) in moving/lifting bulk food items, stockpots, trays, etc.;
- Performing related kitchen duties as required and assigned.
- Cleaning and preparing construction sites by removing debris, garbage, and trees.
- Loading and unload building materials.
- Operating large powered machinery and equipment (e.g., saws, drills, grinders, blowtorches, pressure cleaners, jackhammers).
- Operating construction-related equipment (e.g., driving trucks or forklifts/manlifts).
- Mixing cement, sand, and water with a concrete mixer.
- Setting, pouring, leveling, and forming concrete.
- Controlling traffic passing near work areas by directing with signs, barricades, and traffic cones.
- Digging ditches or trenches using shovels, picks, and jackhammers.
- Keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Compiling with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintaining vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeping shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Containing costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishing maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.